Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sample Blog post 1 - genre films

Media 2016


This year in Media we are looking at genre in film. Following are some examples of genre, with example films and the sort of cliche that often happens in these genres:
HorrorNightmare on Elm StreetThe bad guy always comes back from the dead
Science FictionStar TrekSomething goes wrong with the ship's engines, solved just in time for the crew to get away.
FantasyLabyrinthSomeone is sent on a quest against horrible odds.
RomanceHitchThe girl hates the guy but then she falls in love with him.
WesternsUnforgivenMen when shot always fall off the roof.
Martial ArtsThe Karate KidThe bad guy cheats. The good guy doesn't.
SportsRemember the TitansA no-name team wins the championship with their teamwork and grit.
NoirThe Maltese FalconThe main guy's partner dies at the start and he has to get revenge.

Throughout the semester, I'll give you a heap more information about genre in film. I'll stick up some YouTube clips and try to recreate some of my own favourite films. I'll review some movies and finally create my own film trailer. I'll let you in on some trade secrets along the way and keep you up to date with my team's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment